Microsoft Power Platform is offered by Microsoft. It includes a group of products that provides a platform where no code is required to build the applications.
Microsoft Power Platform is used to evolve and build complex business solutions, analyze, and draw data visualizations, automate a business process, or build virtual agents for communication.
There are four products under the Microsoft Power Platform:
- Power BI – Used to analyze data from different data sources.
- Power Apps – Used to build powerful mobile apps for internal use by the organization.
- Power Automate – Used to design automated workflows to reduce manual tasks.
- Power Virtual Agents – Used to develop flexible chatbots that can communicate with external customers.
Microsoft Power BI is used to find insights within an organization’s data. Power BI can help connect disparate data sets, transform and clean the data into a data model and Build charts or graphs to provide visuals of the data. The data models created from Power BI can be used in various ways for organizations, including telling stories through charts and data visualizations and examining “what if” scenarios within the data. Power BI reports can also answer questions in real-time and help with forecasting to make sure departments meet business metrics.
Microsoft Power BI can also provide executive dashboards for administrators or managers, giving management more insight into how departments are doing.
Microsoft Power Apps is access to build custom applications quickly without any development or programming knowledge with drag and drop options and built-in functions. Using Power Apps, we can develop mobile-friendly apps without code knowledge within a short time and minimize stress on programmers as well. Data connection in Power Apps can be done from multiple applications, for example, Dynamic 365, Office 365, and also third-party applications.
Microsoft Power Automate is a versatile automation platform that integrates seamlessly with hundreds of apps and services – new and old alike, including but not limited to Outlook, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Twitter, and Excel. Power Automate can be used to receive notifications, synchronize files, approve requests, collect data, and much more. In addition, a new robotic process automation feature of Microsoft Power Automate, called UI flows, is used to reduce repetitive manual tasks.
Power Virtual Agents
Power Virtual Agents is a recent addition to the Power Platform. These agents provide business users with bot-building services, offering the device needed to create a virtual chatbot or agent from scuff, without coding knowledge. It’s possible to execute logic and integrations in the GUI of the Microsoft Power Virtual Agents platform. It can also manage all development lifecycle of a chatbot, starting from the information flow to the chatbot’s deployment stage, to a channel like Skype, Teams, etc.
Furthermore, the Power Virtual Agents platform also supports integrations in the Power Platform such as Power Apps. Based on the replies of a user, the virtual agents can induce workflows from Power Apps and complete an exclusive task.
Features of Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Power Platform allows users to extend MS 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure to help improve business processes, systems, and workflows.
- Microsoft Power Platform quickly and easily creates custom applications, automates workflows, and integrates Artificial intelligence capabilities.
- Microsoft Power Platform fetches all data together into a common data model, it supports multiple data connections that allowing you to bring data together from many platforms into single automation, so you can use them all in one place.
Benefits & Efficiencies
- Development Speed: Microsoft Power Platform permission for custom solutions to be developed and deployed into your environment quickly and efficiently compared to conventional methods.
- Office 365 & 3rd Party Integrations: Utilize all your office 365 environment data and current 3rd party services to deliver a seamless and customized solution.
- Mobile Ready: Power Platform has been designed to allow you to run business applications, trigger automated workflows and opinion data dashboards all from a mobile device.
- In-depth Analytics & Insights: Connect to several data sources for real-time analytics with actionable insights presented in easy-to-understand dashboards and reports, which you can publish on websites or in Teams.
- Increased Productivity: Business applications and automated workflows can make employees more productive by allowing them to complete a range of different tasks which general would have taken far more time.
- Full Teams Integration: Each area of the Microsoft Power Platform can be integrated into Microsoft Teams.
- Leverage Existing Technology: Microsoft Power Platform can extend the life of existing technology by giving it a more user-friendly interface.
- Security & Compliance: Compliant Microsoft services that have enterprise-grade safety backing them.
We hope this blog helped you will gain introduced Microsoft Power Platform, including Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents. We provide Microsoft PowerApps Consulting Services and have over 10 years of experience in Microsoft solutions and application development services.
Below are a few blogs that can help you know more about Microsoft Power Platform: