A Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP), Microsoft Power Apps is one of four products included in the Power Platform that allows professional and citizen developers to quickly build and deploy applications.
Using Power Apps for Building Amazing Apps
Power Apps lets you quickly build custom business apps that connect to business data (from online and on-premises data sources):
- 1. Canvas apps : build an app from a blank canvas (mobile or tablet).
- 2. Model-driven apps : built with data from Microsoft Data verse (such as SharePoint).
- 3. Portals : build websites and user portals.
The Power Apps platform automates tasks and processes and allows you to share your apps across your organization. You can also access data anytime and anywhere and control costs while using Power Apps in Office 365 or Dynamics 365 subscriptions. In addition, Power Apps offers quick development of business apps with minimal coding as well as the ability to create applications that span across mobile and web platforms.
Learn more about the uses of PowerApps and its benefits in our Latest Blog Post
New features in PowerApps in 2022We knew Power Apps as a collection of apps, services, and data platforms that offered a rapid application development environment for creating custom apps for your business. However, between its release and the recently announced Microsoft wave 2, there have been several enhancements and feature upgrades you may have missed.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the new features in Power Apps and Power Apps Studio, how to use Power Apps with Azure, Microsoft Teams, and other software, and talk about the benefits and changes they will bring to PowerApps users.
1. Seamless app customizationBuilding custom software can be a daunting task, but Power Apps makes the process easier than ever. This robust app development platform allows you to create custom applications quickly and easily with a variety of features like data editing formulas and connections to enterprise applications. With Microsoft PowerApps, you can easily model your apps in a way that gives you greater control over the application’s behavior. This makes it easier to create complex applications that meet your specific needs
2. Extended DataverseIn Office 365 and Dynamics 365 subscriptions, Power Apps help reduce manual effort by automating tasks and processes. You can also access data anytime and anywhere and control costs with Power Apps. Power Apps likewise allows cross-platform application development for both web and mobile platforms, as well as speedy production of corporate apps with little to no coding. The flexibility you need to create the finest possible solutions for your organisation is provided by Power Apps’ integration with a wide range of technologies.
3. AI Builder integrationAnother great feature of Power Apps is its AI Builder integration. This tool allows you to use machine learning algorithms in your apps for enhanced functionality. You can also use this tool to automate business processes or capture user input efficiently. Moreover, Power Apps offers security and data privacy measures so that you can ensure the safety of your data. With all these powerful features at your disposal, building custom software with Power Apps is a breeze!
4. Power Apps B2B makerMakers can now build apps as guests in another tenant: apps can be built in the Azure Active Directory tenant, where they are expected to be hosted. This decreases the overhead in developing and deploying apps in businesses with many tenants as a result of mergers and acquisitions, companies that use several AD tenants for compliance and auditing purposes, e.g., users authenticate in one tenant but access and update resources in alternate tenants, and organisations with business partners or contractors operating across tenant boundaries.
5. Improved app monitoringTwo new experimental features are now available for canvas apps connected to Application Insights. The first feature reports unhandled errors experienced by end users. The second enables correlation tracing across canvas apps and connected custom connectors. Both features can be enabled in the upcoming features menu.
Power Apps for different industriesMicrosoft Power Platform is a category of high-class products and services to build innovative yet simple business solutions that help visualise data and automate business processes. Organizations of all sizes and industries are benefiting from hiring a PowerApps development companies to leverage Power Apps capabilities and newest features to unleash their true potential. Various companies offer Microsoft Power apps development consulting services, and assist with license and development of apps The following are the newly launched products for various types of industries:
|Retail:||Provide a single user interface for scheduling visits, sharing pricing with stores, improving product placement, processing returns, and processing orders and returns in-store for direct store delivery agents.|
|Manufacturing:||Make it possible for front-line staff to handle inventory and orders in the supply chain more effectively, without switching between different systems.|
|Financial Services:||Consolidate data from various dissimilar sources to produce a straightforward user interface that gives financial advisors more authority.|
|Consumer Banking & Credit Unions:||Increasing bankers’ and tellers’ knowledge and updating manual, paper-based procedures will enhance consumer interactions at branch sites.|
|Insurance:||Streamline the procedures for scheduling meetings and creating agendas to increase agent and broker efficiency.|
|FMCG:||FMCG made the most of PowerApps by automating its food processing life cycle, receiving, and validating processes, which consume most of their time. Managing multiple invoices for raw materials from dozens of vendors.|
Key insightsPowerApps is a powerful software platform redefining business around the world… with this blog, we have gone through the latest developments in Power Apps and how they’re helping businesses succeed.
The simplicity of Microsoft PowerApps has revolutionized application development. From business analysts to professional app developers, anyone can create apps without compromising on quality.
While the majority of Microsoft 365 Enterprise plans include the licenced PowerApps product, though the most sophisticated connectors require a separate subscription. We are a Power Apps development company and Microsoft Gold Partner. Along with our Dynamics 365 consultancy and customization services we also offer Microsoft PowerApps consulting services for businesses of all sizes.
Soluzione assists companies in quickly developing PowerApps applications and Portals. If you’d like to learn more about this topic, you can contact our Microsoft PowerApps experts for a personalised consultation.