For Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015/2016, one of the major challenges faced by developers is generating Auto numbers on various entities. To overcome this, Soluzione IT services releases “Solz Auto Counter”
solution to automate the process of adding counters to the CRM entities. It allows the user to configure counter for default as well as custom entities. Here, you can put any prefix, suffix, counter zero padding and specified date formats with Auto numbering. You can set the initial value of the counter and its incremental value as well. At any point in time, it can be activated or deactivated. You can also provide Security Role as per the user access in Dynamics CRM, it can be Read Only or Admin Access.
One can configure the Auto counter as per the example is given below.
1.Install the SolzAutoCounter solution in Dynamics CRM by importing the managed solution. After it is successfully installed you should have SolzAutoCounter in your solutions as below.
2.Clicking on the Auto Counter to navigate the sub-grid.
3.Create a new auto counter record to configure the counter settings.
4.Go to Account entity and create a new record and save
- It allows the user to use the auto counter in Microsoft Dynamics CRM online or on-premises versions.
- It allows the user to configure the counter for Microsoft dynamics CRM default as well as custom entities.
- Quick create to set the auto counter for any entity.
You can use the following date formats to add as prefix or suffix of the counter
- Use format “[d]” to Return only date
- Use format “[m]” to Return only month
- Use format “[y]” to Return only year
- Use format “[ddd]” to Return Day First Three Letters
- Use format “[dddd]” to Return Day Name
- Use format “[mm]” to Return Month Number In Integer
- Use format “[mmm]” to Return Month First Three Alphabets
- Use format “[mmmm]” to Return Month Name
- Use format “[y]” to Return Year Last Value
- Use format “[yy]” to Return Year Last Two Value
- Use format “[yy]” to Return Year Last Three Value
- Use format “[yyyy]” to Return Year Last Four Value
- Use format “[yyyyy]” to Return Year Last Five Value
Activate or deactivate counter at any time easily. This will activate or deactivate when the auto counter record is set to activate or deactivated status.
To learn about how we helped Soluzione Client: Aspiri with all their dynamic CRM systems then find out more here.