In release 1 of SolzEditor – HTML Email Editor, one of the main limitations of the current solution was to add dynamic CRM data fields to the email template. That is one of the primary reasons why at the end one had to open the template in the core CRM editor and then add these fields.
This problem has been addressed in the recently released version. This version of SolzEditor allows one to select the CRM entity and add CRM attributes to the template natively. Let’s look at how you can add dynamic entity attributes below.
1. Go to HTML Email Template Editor and open an existing template say Case Escalation.
2. As you can see the HTML template is loaded and editing area and much similar to how it is in the core CRM the dynamic fields are highlighted in yellow.
3. You can see two new drop-down options, first one is Entity in which a list of related CRM entities is loaded. This list depends on the type of template i.e. is it an email template for Account or Contact or Case or Organization etc. As you can see below the “Case Escalation” template is based on Case entity and the related entities are loaded in the Entity dropdown.
4. The second new dropdown is Attributes. Once you select a related CRM Entity, the applicable entity attributes are populated in the Attributes dropdown. You can see if Account entity is selected the Attributes dropdown has the attributes of account entity.
5. Click on the place in email template where you want to insert the dynamic field i.e. attribute. Simply select the attribute and click Insert. The below example shows how we inserted the Account Owner at the end of email.
6. If you open the template using “Open Template” you can see that the values we inserted are now inserted properly in the email template. Few things that can be improved in a future version is the default text condition and showing the display name of the attribute instead of logical name.
Click for more details related to our Drag and Drop Email Builder. Contact us if you are interested in 30 Day free trial.